By Skip Charles in Vegas
The Kansas City Chiefs (14-2) are 3-point favorites in tonight’s Super Bowl over the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-5) at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa.
The point total is set at 56.0 for the contest.
Tampa Bay’s home games this season average 52.4 total points, 3.6 fewer than this matchup’s over/under (56.0).
|FAVORITE||SPREAD||FAVORITE SPREAD ODDS||UNDERDOG SPREAD ODDS||TOTAL||OVER TOTAL ODDS||UNDER TOTAL ODDS||FAVORITE MONEYLINE||UNDERDOG MONEYLINE|
Chiefs vs Buccaneers: Last 5 Meetings
Tampa Bay holds an edge against Kansas City over the last five matchups between these two teams, putting together a 4-1 record in those games. The Buccaneers have a 1-0 record against the spread in those games against the Chiefs. Tampa Bay has had the upper hand scoring in those five matchups, totaling 145 points while Kansas City put up 112.
|DATE||FAVORITE||HOME TEAM||SPREAD||TOTAL||FAVORITE MONEYLINE||UNDERDOG MONEYLINE||TOTAL YARDS||RESULT|
|11/29/2020||Chiefs||Buccaneers||-3.50||56.00||-182||+160||543-417 KC||27-24 KC|
|11/20/2016||N/A||Chiefs||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||442-343 TB||19-17 TB|
|10/14/2012||N/A||Buccaneers||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||463-260 TB||38-10 TB|
Betting Insights: Last Three Games (Both Teams)
- Kansas City has gone 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall over their last three games.
- Kansas City has hit the over three times in their last three outcomes.
- The Chiefs have averaged a total of 50.3 combined points in their last three games, 5.7 less than this matchup’s total of 56.0.
- Tampa Bay has gone 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall over the last three contests.
- Tampa Bay has gone over the total two times in their last three games.
- The Buccaneers have averaged a total of 61 combined points in their last three games, 5.0 greater than this matchup’s total of 56.0.
- Kansas City’s games have gone over 56.0 points seven times this season (43.8% of matchups).
- Tampa Bay has played six games this year that finished with a combined score over 56.0 points (37.5% of its outings).
- These two teams average a combined 60.4 points per game, 4.4 more points than this matchup’s total.
- These teams give up a combined 44.8 points per game, 11.2 fewer points than this contest’s total.
- The average point total in Chiefs matchups this year is 52.2, 3.8 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
- The average over/under for Buccaneers matchups this season is 52.9, 3.1 fewer points than this game’s point total.
Chiefs Betting Insights
- Kansas City is 14-2 against the spread.
- The Chiefs are 2-0 ATS when favored by at least 3.0 points.
- Most of Kansas City’s games this year — 16 out of 16 — have hit the over (100%).
- The Chiefs have turned the ball over 1 time per game this season, while the Buccaneers have averaged 1.6 takeaways per contest.
- In games where they turn the football over 1 time or fewer this season, Kansas City is 12-2 overall and 12-2 against the spread.
- Tampa Bay is 5-4 against the spread and 7-2 overall this season when they force at least 1.6 turnovers in a game.
- Kansas City has an 8-0 record against the spread on the road this year, and is 8-0 overall in away games.
Buccaneers Betting Insights
- 9 of Tampa Bay’s 16 games this year have gone over the point total (56.2% of its opportunities).
- Tampa Bay has put together a 9-7 record against the spread this season.
- The Buccaneers are 7-6 ATS when playing as at least 3.0-point underdogs.
- Tampa Bay is 5-3 against the spread in home games this year, and is 5-3 overall at home.
- The Buccaneers have turned the ball over 1.1 times per game this season, while the Chiefs have averaged 1.4 takeaways per contest.
- In games where they turn the football over 1.1 times or fewer this season, Tampa Bay is 10-1 overall and 7-4 against the spread.
- When they force more than 1.4 turnovers in a game this season, Kansas City is 4-0 against the spread and 4-0 overall.
Sammy Watkins: Questionable (Calf),
Willie Gay Jr.: Out (Knee),
Eric Fisher: Out (Achilles)
Cameron Brate: Questionable (Back),
Antonio Brown: Questionable (Knee)