By Sarah Berkowitz
The Eagles recently re-did safety Rodney McLeod’s contract (above), which Over the Cap says freed up about $2.5 million in cap space.
But that still leaves the Birds in cap hell, which will get worse once they sign No. 1 draft pick Derek Barnett.
Here is a breakdown:
Top Hits Against the Cap:
1. Jason Peters, OT ($11.7 million)
2. Lane Johnson, OT ($9.8 million)
3. Alshon Jeffery, WR ($9.5 million)
4. Fletcher Cox, DT ($9 million)
5. Vinny Curry, DE ($9 million)
Cuts That Would Save Money:
1. Jason Kelce, C ($5 million) **post June 1st cut**
2. Mychal Kendricks, LB ($5 million) **post June 1st cut**
3. Torrey Smith, WR ($4.35 million)
4. Darren Sproles, RB ($4 million)
5. Ryan Mathews, RB ($4 million)