Says Brooke Destra, a content creator on NBC Sports Philly:
1. Respect thy captain, Claude Giroux (above).
2. You must support Gritty. (Rule approved by president of the Gritty Committee a.k.a me.)
3. Carter Hart is the future. Let him grow and root for him along the way. Goalies = good.
4. Understand the rivals. See a Penguin? Boo a Penguin. Even if you’re at the aquarium.
5. Kevin Hayes used to ref. You won’t be able to get anything slick past him.
6. If you’re blocked by Jakub Voracek on Twitter (I am), that’s actually a fun running joke with fans.
7. If you’re blocked by Scott Laughton on Twitter (I’m not!) … can’t really help you there.
8. The chirpier the player, the better. This is why Travis Konecny is having his best season yet.
9. Refrain from throwing things on the ice at home games … this isn’t a frat, you won’t be initiated into the fandom if you do so. I promise. You’ll be shunned.
10. If you catch Alain Vigneault at the bar, make sure to buy him a martini. Trust me on this.
Hope to catch you at the Wells Fargo Center sporting the orange and black soon! And hey, if everyone happens to wind up on Broad Street in June celebrating a certain win? I can guarantee no one will be wondering if you’re a bandwagon fan. They’ve been waiting 45 years for that feeling.
A Flyers fan who is lucky enough to cover her favorite team and just wants everyone to have a good time