1. — Carolina Panthers (14-1): They still need a win or an Arizona loss or tie to secure home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.
2. — Arizona Cardinals (13-2): With the NFC West and a first-round bye now in hand, the Cards set their sights on the conference’s home field, which would require one more win plus a Carolina loss.
3. — Green Bay Packers (10-5): They must beat the Vikings in Week 17 to claim the NFC North crown and a home playoff game at Lambeau Field.
4. — Washington Redskins (8-7): The Redskins locked up the NFC East by beating the Philadelphia Eagles on Saturday night, ensuring they’ll host the No. 5 seed.
5.— Minnesota Vikings (10-5): They’re assured at least a wild card but can take the NFC North title by winning on the road at Green Bay in the regular-season finale.
6. — Seattle Seahawks (9-6): They’re a wild-card team, and that’s the best they can do. And Sunday’s loss may have cost them a matchup with the Redskins, though Seattle’s seed could be determined by the outcome of the Pack-Vikes contest if the Seahawks beat Arizona in Week 17.
Eliminated: Atlanta Falcons (8-7), New York Giants (6-8), Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-9), St. Louis Rams (7-8), Eagles (6-9), New Orleans Saints (6-9), Chicago Bears (6-9), Detroit Lions (6-9), San Francisco 49ers (4-11), Dallas Cowboys (4-11)
1. — New England Patriots (12-3): The AFC East champs already had secured a first-round bye but still need one more win to nail down the top seed.
2. — Cincinnati Bengals (11-3): With the Steelers’ loss, the Bengals claimed the AFC North title, but their Monday night game at Denver still looms large. Beat the Broncos, and Cincy earns a first-round bye and remains in play for home-field throughout the AFC playoffs.
3. Denver Broncos (10-4): They’re very much in danger of falling into the clutches of the Chiefs in the AFC West race and even out of the playoff picture entirely. Yet Denver is also still in play for the AFC’s top seed — but first must beat the Bengals on Monday.
4. Houston Texans (8-7): They take the AFC South with a Bengals win on Monday night. If not, Houston needs a Week 17 victory or a Colts loss.
5. Kansas City Chiefs (10-5): They’re in and can still win the division with a Week 17 victory and one loss by Denver.
6. New York Jets (10-5): They control their own destiny. A win against Buffalo — and former coach Rex Ryan — next Sunday clinches a berth. If they lose to Bills, they need the Steelers to also lose in Week 17.
Next up: Pittsburgh Steelers (9-6), Indianapolis Colts (7-8)
Eliminated: Oakland Raiders (7-8), Buffalo Bills (7-8), Miami Dolphins (5-10), Baltimore Ravens (5-10), San Diego Chargers (4-11), Cleveland Browns (3-12), Tennessee Titans (3-12), Jacksonville Jaguars (5-10).