By Ben Sullivan
The Eagles training camp has only been open for four days, and their first game against the Lions is still seven weeks away.
But it’s never too early to project our Fantasy, as Pro Football Focus does:
Over the first six games of the 2021 season, the Eagles dropped back to pass on 72% of their plays and opted to throw the ball above the league average in most game scripts:
- Trailing by four or more points: 78% (+8%)
- Within three points: 67% (+7%)
- Leading by four or more points: 37% (-3%)
After Week 6, that equation shifted dramatically:
- Trailing by four or more points: 55% (-15%)
- Within three points: 49% (-11%)
- Leading by four or more points: 36% (-4%)
Brown needs more passing volume to pay off his Round 3 ADP safely; Smith and Dallas Goedert could be steals in Round 8.
This will be another tough one to decipher via preseason games, so we may have to lean into the beat reporters to find the bread crumbs.