By Skip Charles in Vegas
Monday night’s Alabama victory in the national championship game against Ohio State made one lucky bettor more than $15,000 on a parlay that only cost him $15.
The bettor at the MGM put together an 11-team parlay with 10 college basketball games from Saturday and the College Football Playoff national championship game on Monday night. The bettor needed Alabama to cover as an 8.5-point favorite against Ohio State, and the Crimson Tide did so easily.
Once that final leg was complete, the bet cashed for $15,500.
Here’s how it happened:
- Alabama moneyline (-225) at Auburn
- Baylor moneyline (-1000) at TCU
- San Diego State moneyline (-650) vs. Nevada
- LSU (+2.5) at Ole Miss
- Oregon (-2.5) at Utah
- Richmond (-5.5) at George Mason
- Seton Hall (-2.5) at DePaul
- Creighton (-13.5) vs. St. John’s
- Texas Tech (-7.5) at Iowa State
- UCLA (+3.5) at Arizona
- Alabama (-8.5) vs. Ohio State