QB Paxton Lynch won’t be in Chicago on April 28.
By Annie Ross
The Eagles are zeroing in on whom they should take in the NFL draft, which is now just 15 days away.
And here is a list the NFL has confirmed of 25 prospects who will attend the 2016 NFL draft at the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University in Chicago. The draft is April 28-30.
Unlike last year when Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota declined invitations to the draft, this year’s top two quarterbacks, Cal’s Jared Goff and North Dakota State’s Carson Wentz, will be in Chicago for the draft festivities. Ohio State matches a record for players present for the NFL Draft with five, matching Alabama in 2012.
Players confirmed to attend the 2016 NFL Draft (in alphabetical order):
- Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State
- Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State
- Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech
- Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor
- Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State
- Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State
- Josh Doctson, WR, TCU
- Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson
- Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
- Jared Goff, QB, California
- Vernon Hargreaves, CB, Florida
- Myles Jack, LB, UCLA
- Chris Jones, DT, Mississippi State
- Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson
- Darron Lee, LB, Ohio State
- Keanu Neal, S, Florida
- Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss
- Reggie Ragland, LB, Alabama
- Jalen Ramsey, CB, Florida State
- Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama
- A’Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama
- Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame
- Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss
- Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss
- Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State
While most of the 25 attendees will be first-rounders, it’s very likely a handful of players will still be available on day two (rounds 2-3). The 2016 NFL Draft begins Thursday, April 28, and concludes Saturday (rounds 4-7).
The highest-rated prospects who won’t be in attendance include:
- Oregon DE DeForest Buckner
- Louisville DT Sheldon Rankins
- Clemson CB Mackensie Alexander
- Eastern Kentucky DE Noah Spence
- Memphis QB Paxton Lynch